02 April 2012

my current obsessions

my favourite things in life right now...


Young coconuts - I go through so many of these delicious things. I can easily justify it though as I dropped my daily coffee habit when I was pregnant and never looked back. Coconut water is my new Java.



I've started adding the leftover coconut meat to smoothies and even salads, and today I attempted to make ice cream (recipe to follow if it turns out!).


One teaspoon shorts - My summer staple. Actually make that my year-round staple. I wear them almost everyday, so their recent warehouse sale was the perfect opportunity to stock up.




Loving that this warm weather (finally!) means I'm still getting some serious wear out of them.


The China Study - This book is totally rocking my world. 




Once you start it, you wont be able to put it down. There's no denying the facts people, and that is that a plant-based, whole foods diet is the best thing for you. Now I'm no vegan, but I do try to be conscious about everything I feed myself and my family, and this book has really pushed me to seek more alternatives to the standard meat-based diet that we all know and love. I've limited our intake of animal-based foods for awhile now, but The China Study has served to remind me that being health-conscious is a daily responsibility. It's a constant work in progress!


Organic wine - With that being said, there is always a time and a place for wine (usually on the couch at around 7pm on a Friday!). I'm loving this organic red. 



There's no way there isn't some sort of goodness inside that bottle!

No comments:

Post a Comment