08 July 2012

back in the kitchen

This pregnancy has really thrown a spanner in the works when it comes to cooking. So far, energy has been my biggest issue when it comes to the amount of effort (or lack thereof) that I currently put into preparing meals. It's a rather frustrating side effect combined with a sudden aversion to random foods that I can't quite put my finger on until they are presented on a plate right in front of me. So far on this list we have onions, honey, pork and broccoli (just to name a few) and weirdly enough I have hardly any cravings for tea or chocolate... Who am I?!

But despite all this I'm determined to push through it all - I have an inkling that my lack of energy comes not only from the pregnancy but also from a lack of good, whole food as a result of my laziness. Although I am not eating badly, I usually have a much healthier (and at least more diverse) diet which I'm going to aim to maintain on my better days. So the plan for this week? I'm not going to get too ahead of myself here, but I am thinking along the lines of something like this for dinner tomorrow night:

Black Sesame Otsu
The recipe is from one of my favourite cookbooks Super Natural Every Day but is also available here. I'm already excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment