28 March 2012

my life 28.03.12

A peek into my world on a Wednesday. After waking up a little weary-eyed due to a certain babies night-time antics (I blame teething!), we started our day at a much slower pace than usual.

my food: Each morning in our house starts much the same. Hot water with lemon for me and Noah (great for detoxification and boosts immunity, plus he absolutely loves it!) and a coffee for Rob, followed by a green smoothie for all.  (Click here to read a fantastic post on why green smoothies are such a great addition to any diet). We've kept this routine up for awhile now, so I'm happy that Noah knows no different. He gets so excited whenever he sees me using the blender! 



Breakfast is always porridge, sweetened with whatever fruit we have on hand. Today's was made with dates, ground flaxseed and chopped walnuts, loosely based on one of Heidi Swanson's recipes from her cookbook Super Natural Every Day (which is an amazing cookbook, in case you were wondering).




Next we hit up the Organic Food Network to stock up on groceries.




For anyone on Sydney's Northern Beaches, this place is the bomb! Plenty of fresh fruits and veggies, plus a huge range of grocery items. They are at the Frenchs Forest Organic Markets every Sunday, and are open at their warehouse in Brookvale during the week as well. They also do home delivery which is ridiculously handy when I can get organised enough to place an order! 

my fashion: What's a better pick-me-up than bright turquoise jeans? (Answer: nothing!). Add my favourite blue Aragonite necklace (the stone is said to ease stress levels)  and the most comfortable Bonds unisex tee.


my family: After a busy morning, Noah couldn't wait any longer for a nap. At least one of us managed to catch up on some shut-eye! Our day was rather uneventful after that.




No comments:

Post a Comment